Adventure Performance Training provides performance coaching and training plans for mountaineers, backpackers and trekkers. We understand the unique needs of athletes who train and perform in the mountains. All programs follow an integrated, systematic approach. This allows us to progress any athlete to any performance goal while minimizing the chance of injury.
Most athletes come to APT initially because of a failure on a big trip. Athletes stay with APT because they know the value of prevention and preparation. There are a lot of variables that determine success in the mountains, but fitness is one that is fully in your control. Stack the odds in your favor by arriving at the trailhead in the best shape of your life! What sets us apart:
- 23 years of endurance and performance coaching experience.
- No assistant coaches or interns.
- Small company, personal service.
- Work exclusively with mountaineers, climbers, backpackers and hikers/trekkers.
The APT athletes area is an invaluable educational resource that contains training articles, exercise videos, and trip reports to get you ready for your next adventure.
- Exercise Video Library: Comprehensive exercise video library with exercises demonstrated by a professional.
- APT Blog: The APT blog provides articles to help you perform at your best in the mountains. Topics include: endurance, strength, performance nutrition, exercise videos and much more!
- Athlete Adventures: Get psyched for your next adventure with our Athlete Adventures.