Adventure Performance Training provides performance coaching and training plans for mountaineers, backpackers and trekkers. We understand the unique needs of athletes who train and perform in the mountains. All programs follow an integrated, systematic approach. This allows us to progress any athlete to any performance goal while minimizing the chance of injury. The components of an integrated performance program include:
- Flexibility: Having the ability to move without restriction is critical for all athletes. Lack of flexibility can cause imbalances that lead to injuries if uncorrected. All APT programs incorporate a combination of SMR (self-myofascial release), static, active and dynamic stretching to improve posture, enhance mobility and reduce the risk of injury.
- Cardio-Respiratory Training: A professional endurance program assesses your current level of fitness and goals to develop a training plan that progresses you safely. Frequency, duration, intensity and type of activity all have an effect on the energy system being trained. Let us take care of the variables to make sure you are developing the endurance you need for your goals.
- Strength Training: Strength training includes core training, balance training, plyometrics, SAQ (speed, agility and quickness) and resistance training. APT designs strength training programs that develop the stabilizer muscles (helps prevent injuries), build strength and finally develop power.
- Performance Nutrition: Performance nutrition can enhance an athletes performance by structuring the types of food, when the food is eaten and how much is consumed. A proper performance nutrition program can delay fatigue, speed recovery by replenishing muscle energy stores, strengthen the immune system and maximize strength gains from a training program.
- Professional Coaching: A well designed performance training program needs to address many goals such as preventing injury, optimizing body composition (decreasing body fat percentage and/or increasing lean body mass), and increase athletic performance by improving flexibility, strength and endurance.