The floor bridge two leg exercise is a foundation exercise that develops core stability in the hips and spine.
- Lie facing up on the floor with knees bent, feet flat on the floor, toes pointing forward about shoulder width apart.
- Lift hips off the floor until knees, hips and shoulders are all even.
- Fully contract the glute muscles. (Do not raise the hips to far off the floor hyper-extending the back. This places excessive strain on the lumbar spine.)
- Hold for 2 seconds.
- Slowly return to starting position.
- Repeat for prescribed number of repetitions.