The floor cobra is a great bodyweight exercise to develop strong posture in the upper and middle back.
- Lie facing down on the ground with elbows extended and your palms facing towards the ground as shown.
- Draw in your navel and activate your glutes.
- Slightly lift your chest off the ground while slightly externally rotating your arms and retracting and depressing your shoulder blades. Do not come too high off the ground (hyper extending the lower back).
- Hold for 1-2 seconds.
- Slowly return to starting position.
- Repeat for prescribed number of repetitions.