- Stand with feet shoulders width apart and feet pointing straight ahead.
- Hips and shoulders should remain facing forward.
- Take a step back, keeping the knee of the forward leg directly over the toes with the foot facing forward. (Start with small steps back and increase as mobility improves).
- Stand back up and raise the rear leg up until the knee is at hip height as shown.
- Hold for 1-2 seconds.
- Return to starting position.
- Perform prescribed number of repetitions.
- Switch legs and repeat.