Preparing for a mountain adventure requires more than just endurance training. Performance training that integrates flexibility, cardiorespiratory, core, balance, plyometrics, SAQ (speed, agility and quickness) resistance training, nutrition and systematic program progressions insures you will show up for your next adventure in the best shape of your life. I started APT to work exclusively with adventure athletes, focusing on athletes that are weekend warriors, working professionals and/or are in the masters age group of 30+ years old. I only work with a small number of athletes at a time, so you can be sure that your program is being designed and monitored by a professional who has over 23 years of coaching experience specific your activity.
Here are some of the adventures we have helped our athletes prepare for recently:
- Mountaineering: Mt. Everest Camp 3, Lobuche, Grand Teton-Owen Spalding Route, Mt. Kilimanjaro, Mt Hood, Mt. Rainier, Mt. Shasta
- Backpacking: Havasupai Trail, John Muir Trail, Grand Canyon Rim To Rim, Appalachian Trail Section Hike, Pacific Crest Trail Section Hike
- Trekking: Everest Base Camp, Inca Trail To Machu Picchu
Custom Training Plan
Training Peaks Premium Account
Training Plan Posted
Workout Review/File Analysis
Training Plan Adjustments
Every Other Week
Within 24 hours
Within 24 hours
Within 24 hours
All APT Coaching Packages include:
- Athlete Consultation: Before you commit to an APT coaching program, every athlete is given a free, no obligation 30-45 minute consultation so that we can get to know each other. I can answer any questions you have about the coaching packages, discuss your goals and assist you in selecting the best program for you.
- Performance Assessment: A comprehensive performance assessment performed by a professional including a review of your health and athletic history, posture and movement assessments and sport specific performance assessments to serve as a benchmark of your starting fitness.
- Goal Setting: We work together to set goals for your progress based on your assessment.
- Custom Training Plan: Designed For Your Individual Current Level Of Fitness And Athletic Goals Every Adventure Performance Program is designed personally by James Fisher NASM-CPT, PES, CES/UESCA Certified Running Coach. Daily workouts delivered in Training Peaks (a copy is also emailed to you) including PDFs of flexibility and strength circuits.
- Training Peaks Premium Account: APT believes that Training Peaks is the best software for coaching endurance athletes. Workouts are available on the website, on your tablet or phone, and a copy of each days training is emailed to you as well. You can upload workouts, files from GPS devices, leave comments for the coach and much more. For more information on Training Peaks, please visit TrainingPeaks.com
Coaching Packages To Fit Every Athletes Needs And Budget
No two athletes are the same. I designed my coaching packages to assist any athlete from basic program design to true daily coaching.
- Custom Training Plan Package: The Training Plan package is perfect for athletes who primarily need assistance with program design and can do the workouts with little to no coach supervision.
- Essential Coaching Package: The Essential Coaching Package is our most popular program and provides weekly workout/file analysis and training plan based on the previous weeks workouts.
- Premium Coaching Package: The Premium Coaching Package increases the workout review/file analysis to twice per week. Training plan adjustments are made as needed, and communication is unlimited.
- Elite Coaching Package: The Elite Coaching Package is a true daily coaching service. I look at your workouts/files and adjust workouts on a daily basis. Communication is unlimited and I am available for questions on a daily basis.
Coach Communication: Interaction with your coach is critical to your training success. Communication can be by phone, video (FaceTime, Skype, Facebook Messenger), email, or text.
Training Plan Posted: Workouts are posted monthly for the Custom Training Plan and weekly for the Essential and Elite Coaching Packages.
Workout Review/File Analysis: Heart Rate, GPS, Power and workout review.
Training Plan Updates: This determines how many times during a monthly training cycle I will adjust your training plan.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the minimum coaching commitment? 3 months is the minimum commitment I ask from an athlete.