The Slastix cobra exercise develops strong posture in the upper body by strengthening the back, shoulders and triceps.
- Anchor the band at eye level or above.
- Stand facing the anchor point.
- With a handle in each hand, stand with arms at shoulder height, palms facing each other.
- Keeping arms straight, slowly bring the arms toward the hips while rotating the arms so the thumbs face out as shown.
- As the arms move past the hips, try to pinch the shoulder blades together and down.
- Hold for 1-2 seconds and then return to the starting position.
- Perform prescribed number of repetitions.