The Slastix pulldown feet offset exercise is a great beginner exercise to strengthen the pulling movement as a regression to the pull up.
- Attach Slastix band as high overhead as possible.
- Stand facing anchor point with a handle in each hand.
- Engage the core by tightening the abdominals and glutes.
- Pull handles downward in a diagonal motion toward the body by flexing elbows, depressing and retracting the shoulder blades.
- Do not allow the low back to arch, head to move forward or shoulders to elevate.
- Hold for 1-2 seconds.
- Slowly return to starting position by extending the elbows.