The Slastix rotation exercise is a great exercise to develop rotational strength in the core.
- Secure the resistance band at a height between hips and shoulders.
- Grasp the handles of the resistance band between hip and shoulder level.
- Stand with feet slightly wider than shoulder width, knees slightly bent and torso upright.
- Twist your upper body away from the anchor point moving at the hips and shoulders.
- Allow the heel of the foot closest to the anchor point to lift off the ground and rotate to reduce strain on the knee.
- Twist to one side for all repetitions, and then switch to the other side.
- Keep your back straight and abdominals contracted through the entire movement.