The Slastix shoulder external rotation bilateral exercise helps develop proper posture in the shoulder musculature.
- Stand with feet shoulder width apart, knees slightly bend and core engaged.
- Hold a Slastix band in both hands with thumbs facing up as shown.
- Keep both elbows against the trunk/ribcage through the entire movement.
- Slowly hinge both arms out past the shoulders, keeping the lower arms parallel to the ground.
- Hold for 1-2 seconds.
- Return to starting position.
- Repeat for prescribed number of repetitions.