The Slastix straight arm pulldown works the pulling muscles of the back without assistance of the biceps in traditional pulldown exercises.
- Anchor the Slastix band above head height.
- Face the anchor point with feet shoulder width apart and facing straight ahead. Keep a slight bend in the knees and hold the handles at eye level with arms extended, palms facing down.
- Engage abdominals and hips to maintain posture during the movement.
- Slowly press arms down until hands are at the sides of the hips as shown.
- Hold for 1-2 seconds.
- Slowly return to starting position.
- Repeat for prescribed number of repetitions.