The SMR Peroneals Foam Roll exercise helps to reduce tension in the lower leg and improve ankle joint mobility.
- Place your elbow on the ground, with the elbow slightly below shoulder height.
- Place the foam roll under the right leg, positioned under the middle of the outer portion of the lower leg.
- Take the opposite leg and lay it beside the leg on the foam roll, or to increase compression, rest the left leg on top of the right.
- Slowly roll up the peroneal muscles to a few inches below the knee joint.
- Hold any tender spots for 30-90 seconds.
- Try to relax and breathe deeply.
- Repeat with the left leg.