The SMR Rectus Femoris Foam Roll Single Leg exercise is essential to any endurance athletes flexibility program.
- Place a foam roll just above the right knee and elbows just below the shoulders in a plank position.
- To increase compression, place left leg on the ground.
- To decrease compression, roll both legs at the same time.
- Keep the core engaged and slowly roll from just above the knee to the top of the leg just above the hip joint.
- Hold any tender spots for 30-90 seconds (try to relax and breathe deeply).
- Repeat with left leg.