The SMR Tensor Fascia Latae Foam Roll exercise can help maintain proper hip and knee mobility and reduce the risk of IT band flare ups.
- Lie on your side with the foam roll placed under your hip.
- Cross your top leg over the leg on the foam roll and place your foot on the floor.
- The leg on the foam roll should be raised off the floor and remain that way during the exercise.
- Slowly roll from the knee to hip, rolling along the outer thigh, slightly in front of the knee and hip.
- Apply prolonged pressure on tender spots for roughly 30-90 seconds depending on intensity of application.