- Stand with feet shoulder width apart, pointing straight ahead.
- Place a pilates ball, foam roller or pillow between the legs as shown.
- Slowly move into a squat as if sitting back in a chair (arms can raise as shown to assist with balance).
- Make sure the knees do not move forward of the toes or move outward.
- Back should remain flat through the movement.
- Go to a depth that allows you to stay in proper posture.
- Hold 1-2 seconds.
- Slowly return to starting position.
- Repeat for prescribed number of repetitions.