- Stand with feet together.
- Bend the right knee and grab with the right hand.
- Use the right hand to pull the right foot towards the glute.
- Keep torso upright and the upper right leg in line with the left to maintain tension in the quadricep being stretched.
- Hold for 20-30 seconds.
- Switch legs and repeat.
Common compensations when performing the standing quadriceps stretch:
- Bending forward at the hips
- Allowing the leg to move out to the side instead of staying parallel with leg on ground
- Rotating foot of leg being stretched.