The step up to balance rotating exercises builds stability in the ankle, knee and hip by adding rotational movement to the step up to balance exercise.
- Stand to the side of the box with feet shoulders-width apart.
- Step onto box with one leg, keeping foot and knee pointed straight ahead.
- Push through heel and stand up straight, balancing on one leg.
- Flex the other leg at the hip and knee.
- Return opposite leg to the ground and step off the box.
- Repeat for prescribed number of repetitions.
- Switch legs and repeat.
- Lower step height
- Step Up To Balance Sideways