The step up to balance sideways exercise develops knee stability by loading the knee joint from the side rather than front to back.
- Stand to the side of the box with feet shoulders-width apart.
- Step onto box with one leg, keeping foot and knee pointed straight ahead.
- Push through heel and stand up straight, balancing on one leg.
- Flex the other leg at the hip, knee and foot.
- Return opposite leg to the ground and step off the box.
- Repeat for prescribed number of repetitions and repeat on other leg.
- Increase step height.
- Step Up To Balance Rotating